Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10th, 2009

Yes. Still thinking about Watchmen. But I'll spare you some of the lunatic rantings of this Watchmen/Rorschach fangirl...for now, LOL.

Anyway, my husband showed me some of the comics that he's been following lately. Much to my surprise he's totally uninterested in Spiderman these days. He said it's gone to an odd place and he's just lost interest. I'm actually quite surprised because Spiderman has been such a staple in this house for a long time.

What are they doing to Spidey!?! I think it may have really started going south with the Mary Jane/Peter marriage, break up deal with the devil thing. It's too frustrating to fans. Personally, I'm not a Mary Jane fan, there was too much "come here go away" with her. And poor Peter is a sucker for it. But I don't want the franchise to start failing.

I'm curious about other Spidey fans and what they think of the series now. Are you happy with it? How is it different now?

Ciao for now, Gothic Dragon

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading an old Spidey comic last night (from 1986). MJ was supposed to be Harry's girl but she was crawling all over Peter who wanted nothing to do with her. Like I commented to my husband at the time, I can't imagine why Peter ever married that woman. Based on my reading to date, she seems to have been an idiot from page one.

    Haven't read much contemporary Spiderman, with almost all pictures and very little text I feel as if the comic has been dumbed down. That might be an unfair comment since I haven't devoted much attention to them but the high cover price discourages experiementation.

    ~ Welsh Dragon

    ReplyDelete