Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 21st, 2009

Good afternoon everyone. Just a quite blog post today I think. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy spring! This is the first full weekend of spring. I'm in Northern Virginia, and some of the early trees are blooming. A few early cherries and some red buds. A few daffodils are popping up as well. I'm excited for flowers to be in our world again! Not so excited about the bugs though!

So in my previous blog I had indicated that I was museum hopping on Friday. The National Gallery of Natural History is my very favorite, and I was pleased to see some new exhibits. Right now there is a temporary exhibit on Orchids. It's a whole room filled with them! And some of them were very perfumey. So wonderful. It's a welcome sight after a long dreary winter.

Here's a picture of one of the lady slipper orchids I took. This one had no smell though. Enjoy!

Photobucket

For now, Gothic Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment