Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

Good afternoon all! So I was thinking about this on the way home since I'm hungry and would love a big juicy steak right now.

Some of my friends have heard me many times whine about this, but I'll mention it here. Maybe I'm really sensitive becasue I'm on a diet that is restrictive of sugar and carbs, but it's very difficult to go to a restaurant these days and get something that isn't floured, batter dipped or breaded. It's also very difficult to get something that doesn't have some kind of sugar BBQ sauce or honey sauce or just some kind of sweet sauce. Think about it next time you go out and look at the menu and see how much as all that kind of stuff on it. Think about those diabetics who can't have sugar. Those people with flour allergies. I know a few, they are in the same boat as me.

For example, the other day I went out with the people at work and we had lunch at this new Vietnamese place. I had some soup with watercress and ground pork. It was nice. But I would have loved the duck legs. They were swiming in Mango sauce. Ug. There was no offering of just plain roasted duck leg. Everything else had to be with a sweet sauce or covered in rice paper or yams.

Then there are places such as Ihop where you get a side of carbs with your carbs. I'm very surprised you don't get a side of pancakes with your pancakes.

Oh well, sorry for the rant, but dang it, I'm hungry! I'm tired of ordering food and being forced to scrape out the little bit of meat in it and throwing the rest of it away! Today I had to order a chicken sandwich and was not permitted to trade out the potato chips. I had to throw those away along with the bun. Grrrr.

Off to cook steak now.

For now, Gothic Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment