Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19th, 2009

Good evening all! Sorry I'm so late on posting today. I run another blog, a story blog involving Rorschach from Watchmen. It's intense writing and I've found that it takes me time to get in the zone and write. It's been a lot of fun though and I hope that my readers enjoy the plot I've come up with.

Today I saw a short story on Exotic Fruits and Vegetables online and they went to describe 13 exotics you can get in the supermarket. I was frankly surprised to see Kumquats on the list. Maybe because I live near DC so Kumquats have been in our markets since I was a little girl, but they don't seem exotic to me at all. Also on the list were Cherimoya, Tomatillos (Really?), Star Fruit and Meyer Lemon. Here's the link: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/story?id=7095647&page=1

Honestly, with the exception of a couple of things, I've had most of what was on this list. I wonder if this list is geared more toward the Midwest and other places away from big cities that don't really have a diverse ethnic community.

I can say, the Cherimoya was delicious! And Kumquats are a real favorite of mine. So what weird fruits and veggies have you tried?

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm really liking your Rorschach story so far.

    It seems that Shari's taken quite a liking to our masked here. Poor Rors, hehe.

    As for fruits, the weirdest fruit I had was mango. I've had starfruits and other things, but mango has a weird texture to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that the dragon fruit was probably the most exotic. It's tastes rather mild but looks pretty amazing - all hot pink tendrils on the outside and snow white with what seems like a sprinkling of poppy seeds on the inside (not really poppy seeds, mind you lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loves mango! Since I've been low carbing can't really have mango. It does have a weird texture, but I love it especially when it's a little soft and juicy.

    I've seen Dragonfruit in the store. AC what's it taste like?

    Fresh figs are great too. Taste so different from dried ones.

    ReplyDelete