Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17, 2009

Well Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I ended up in a green sweater and green eyeshadow.

Right now I'm trying to write this blog and watch the last episode of Kyle XY. It's actually pretty good this time. More substance than just about which girl Kyle wants to date.

I have trouble with these kinds of shows a lot of the time. Stuff like this and the earlier years of Smallville. I guess they are geared toward the teen/young adult audience and involve a lot of love triangles and the classic, "I Love you, come here, go away, no come here, no go away."

Smallville tortured us with that and then after a while, Kyle XY did the same. It's frustrating. But I have to say that Smallville did improve in the later seasons and has actually become a show that I enjoy, most particularly since they have the Justice League in there once in a while.

Oops, now it's over. Just like that. What the heck? Argh, and not only that but the show is cancelled, so no we'll never know.

But I believe in the power of the fans. Fans always find a way for writing endings, alternative universes. There's a certain amount of closure in the fan community, or continuance if you want to know more.

Well, my musings on Kyle XY I guess.

For Now, Chrissy

3 comments:

  1. Happy Saint Patrick's Day! And what's KyleXY all about? Never heard of it - which isn't all that surprising I guess with my record for watching TV. Is it a "reality" show or science fiction?

    ~Welsh Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Welsh Dragon! Kyle XY is a, you guessed it, sci-fi show. Basically about a lab created young man who has been admitted to foster care and has started to learn about his powers and coming into being.

    Happy Saint Patrick's day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where would I be without you to keep me relatively up-to-date? I'm pretty hopeless with current trends - especially on television. Thanks again for introducing me to Methos all those years ago! :D

    ReplyDelete